To read more posts...leave a comment...and to mark your location:

Posts are in reverse chronological order. To read beyond the visible posts, click on "older posts" at the very bottom of the page or click on specific months/days in the left margin.

Feel free to leave a comment at the end of any of the posts.

I'd love it if you scrolled down to the bottom of the page and marked your location on the map!

Monday, June 30

Knitting Project Update

Okay! I finished my first pair of Coriolis socks! Just a quick post with some pics.... the yarn is from Kenny (the boi who knits, blog link below left), the Crystal Palace bamboo merino blend.

And, I started another pair of socks. I decided this will be Chris's Official Stashbusting Summer of Socks! Yeah, I know--not so original. Tons of people doing various versions of it. But, with over 84,000 yards of purchased yarn, I gotta use it up!

I think I'm going to do the Jewelled Steps socks from the "Pathways" sock book. I did the whirlpool toe, which I love, and this toe is rotatable (is that a word?). So, hopefully I won't screw these up like I did on the spiraling band on the Coriolis socks. I'm using Lorna's Lace 80/20 superwash merino and nylon, in Purple Iris colorway.

Pics of our baby:
Just had to add a couple little things. Here's a pic of our darlin' kitty, Tigger, as he was sackin' out on the screened in porch yesterday! We love him.

And, I just heard a bit of a noise outside, looked out the window, and here's what I saw!

Click on for a larger view... Enjoy.

5 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

How fortunate for me that my library just informed me that I have "New Pathways" on hold!

Tigger looks like a doll!

Nigel Pottle said...

Congratulations on finishing the socks Chris. The yarn was so lovely, I bet they feel really good on your feet. I'm looking forward to seeing the Jewelled Steps on your feet soon. What yarn are you using?

Nigel Pottle said...

Chris, the socks look great. I bet they feel wonderful on your feet. That yarn was lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing the Jewelled Socks when you finish them. What yarn are you using for them? Something from Victoria?
Nigel

Jeanne said...

Is that a turkey?? Wow.

And the new socks are pretty. I guess I'm really going to have to break down and get the Borhi books :).

Kyle William said...

you have been busy (AND with all that travelling!) I'm impressed (as usual) -

how's your progress on the memory vest? (I finished mine this past weekend)

hugs