To read more posts...leave a comment...and to mark your location:

Posts are in reverse chronological order. To read beyond the visible posts, click on "older posts" at the very bottom of the page or click on specific months/days in the left margin.

Feel free to leave a comment at the end of any of the posts.

I'd love it if you scrolled down to the bottom of the page and marked your location on the map!

Wednesday, August 6

Tea for two...or two hundred!

Many, many of you have asked if I really have over 30 pounds of tea. Well, at one time I did have over 40+, but that was over a year ago. I used to compile it all on an Excel spreadsheet, but that just got too time-consuming. So now I just guesstimate.

To give you all some idea of some of the tea I really do have, I took the liberty to start cleaning out my stash and reorganizing the cupboards. Note that the tea has been "spilling" out onto the shelves, in the extra sink, on the....you get the picture!

Almost all of the tea packets have 4 oz of tea in them. Maybe 20 or so have less than 2 oz; and the larger jars have anywhere from 2-8 oz, depending on how much tea is left in each container.

I emptied most of the tea out of the huge cupboard over the refrigerator. (top picture)
The shelves are about 30" deep, so I have been able to stash lots of tea up there!

In the next two pictures are most of the bagged tea and medicinal teas (echinacea, colds, sore throat tea, etc.) in the left picture, a smaller side cupboard; and in the right picture, the cupboard is devoted mostly to sencha and shincha (first sencha of the year, from Japan).

Next four pics:

First pic: Group picture of most of the rest of my tea.
Second picture: green teas, white teas, needle teas.

Third picture: oolongs, special china blacks, yunnans and gold teas; Assam, Ceylon, and Darjeeling teas.

Last pic: Flavored black teas, decafs, and in the back: chai teas.

I also have a number of pu-er teas, and samples from tea companies that I will be sampling and reviewing shortly!

Just thought I'd share!

11 comments:

SoapDoc said...

HOLY CRAPPOLA! And I thought I had a fiber addiction - (well, I DO - but...) your tea is a close second!!

Brew some, and I will be right over, ok?

Charles said...

OMG Teas!
Compare to my tea trash..mine is tiny! Tea Q: Did you try chrysanthemum flower tea? (When you put hot water..it blooms) Somebody told me it is good for digestion.

Unknown said...

WOW....I thought I had it bad....I think you've got me beat.

You've inspired me to do the same, so I think I've got to take pics of mine this weekend too.....

Geek Knitter said...

Ah, I see.

Someone who stashes tea the same way I stash sock and lace yarn!

Knit Witch said...

OMG!!! I LOVE teas!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh don't worry, he stashes his yarn the same way!

Charles said...

Did you see my new post about the fall magazine?

Unraveling Sophia said...

Oh! You are incorrigible! You're supposed to 'drink' the tea, not collect it LOL!
That's okay, I suppose my tea cupboards look the same. At least my teas don't need their own room, like my yarns do. :)

Alwen said...

What a pleasure to find someone with more tea than me! (Never mind the grammar, it rhymes this way.)

Tea Connexions said...

Have you tried any of our teas yet, would love to get your opinion?
E-mail your address and I will send you a sampler of 40 of our loose teas http://www.healthycup.com/tea_samples.html at my cost, you just got to promise to give me some honest feedback.

Knitterista said...

Are you kidding? That's hilarious!
I appreciate your obsession. Tea IS good!