To read more posts...leave a comment...and to mark your location:

Posts are in reverse chronological order. To read beyond the visible posts, click on "older posts" at the very bottom of the page or click on specific months/days in the left margin.

Feel free to leave a comment at the end of any of the posts.

I'd love it if you scrolled down to the bottom of the page and marked your location on the map!

Sunday, June 15

Trip to Southern Vermont

As a follow-up to the Vermont Knit Camp II, I wanted to post a couple pics from my drive down and back.

As always, clickety to embiggen (the pics) --->

Vermont is a beautiful state, and I love southern Vermont too, although I don't get down to the
Bennington area more than every 10 years or so!

For my many out of state friends, Jeff and I live in northwest Vermont (Jericho, 12 miles northeast of Burlington), Bennington is on the southern Vermont border with Massachusetts.

I took an alternate road down, parallel with Route 7, which is a N/S main highway.

There was less traffic and stress, and went by some beautiful lakes and lovely farm area, and through the historic area of Southern Vermont, namely Manchester, Hubbardton, and then Bennington.

The pics of the houses are in Manchester.

Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

Kyle William said...

what amazing houses - and all that land... it's so beautiful! sounds like you have been having a wonderful time with all your knitting excursions! it makes me happy :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes, these look like from the motion picture "The Happening", where everyone in Vermont kills themselves. But it's still pretty, and really really want to move there.

Joansie said...

Hello, fellow Vermont knitter! Can you tell me where the Vermont knitting camp is? I live in the Burlington area.